Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
These cars are small and light. To turn the engine for valve adjustment put the car in high gear and roll it back and forth. Run out of room, take it out of gear and start over. Far easier than trying to bump it with the starter.
KA.
These cars are small and light. To turn the engine for valve adjustment put the car in high gear and roll it back and forth. Run out of room, take it out of gear and start over. Far easier than trying to bump it with the starter.
KA.
I just did the roll around method. Pulled the plugs first. Very easy that way I agree. I just stood next to left wing and rolled her forward and back until a valve was fully opened and set its opposite. .012 cold. Some were on the loose side, some were too tight. I'm hoping I notice a difference when I fire her up again. I'm going to go through all 8 again just for fun and to double check my work.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.