• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Underhood padding

79MGB16

Is there any material that I would be able to pick up locally to make my own panels for the underhood padding?
Just looking to make it look more finished
Thanks for any ideas.

fadler1

There is, but it costs about the same as the precut panels from Jag Graveyard...........my hard part was the EPA rules in California so that any decent flame resistant stuff is banned. The foil stuff is still around in CA. So I went to ebay and picked up the constantly being sold ones from Jag Graveyard. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Bruce74B

Jedi Knight
I bought one of those kits from Jag Graveyard on Ebay a while ago...not sure if it fits and wanted to see a good example of a good fit, but haven't been to a show all year.

I understand that NAPA has a good high temp adhesive for it.

Bruce

Sledgehammer

You might consider some stuff I picked up at Home Depot. It's foil on two sides of a plastic padding material. Comes in a 4'x25' roll for about $40. Used to insulate water heaters, etc. I used some to back the carpet in the cockpit for sound and heat protection. I haven't done the hood yet but I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work.

CDNMGBguy

Freshman Member
I ordered a set of under hood pads new from Moss Motors - nicely cut to size, and a spray can of high temp adhesive.
It worked like a charm. You must take your bonnet off to apply the pads, so have a friend assist and mark with felt tip the bolt locations to assist the alignment on reinstall.