• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

General TR Tyler's 1/1/2016 Tour pics

tr6nitjulius

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Tyler hosted the 16th annual New Year's Day Tour total of 18 TRIUMPH (11 TR6 3 TR4 2 Herald 1 TR3 1 GT6 joined by 1 Jensen Healey 3 Volvos 1 Mustang 1 Miata as we hit the twisties before lunch see who in what & where we went during this sunny cold New Year's Day

https://www.flickr.com/photos/picsbyjulius/albums/72157662591715140

trrdster2000

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Thanks, good to see them on the road and not parked in a garage.

Wayne

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
38 degrees in southern California?
It's 13F right now at 8:45 pm in southern CT. And windy.
The summer's over...

tdskip

Yoda
Country flag
It has been cold and wet here so far whereas last year the kids went swimming on Christmas break.

Thanks for posting.

OP
tr6nitjulius

tr6nitjulius

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Thanks, good to see them on the road and not parked in a garage.

Wayne
That is So Cali inspiration for New Year's Day Drive after all the presents are opened/new year's resolutions made, get 'em out &
:driving:

3798j
Nice....Great looking Triumphs.
TRIUMPH @there best rollin'

pdplot
38 degrees in southern California?
It's 13F right now at 8:45 pm in southern CT. And windy.
The summer's over...
For us weather whimps of the country we've been averaging 10 degrees colder than norm 13F we have no concept of what that is & frankly the thought is frightening:scared:

tdskip
It has been cold and wet here so far whereas last year the kids went swimming on Christmas break.

Thanks for posting.
U R welcome you know they're forcasting the great ball our friend Mr Sunshine won't be out much this week:sorrow: guess I'll go out in the TR cave uncover & hug my TR

TR3driver

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
FWIW, the original inspiration for the club New Year's Day drive was 1/1/2000, more commonly known as Y2K. There was a huge amount of concern at the time that many computer programs did not correctly handle Y2K (since the year was frequently stored as only two digits, meaning Y2K went back to year 00), and much wild talk of civilization collapsing because none of the computers would work (including cars, cash registers, power grid, ATM machines and so on). So the original concept was "Y2K Don't Bug Me", to prove that our cars run without computers. On that run, we deliberately went up into the mountains to visit the snow. About 25F where we stopped for lunch, and perhaps 4" of snow in the parking lot. Rather memorable to me, since then (as now), I had no heater, no side curtains, and no top. My daughter (who was 12 at the time) remembers it too!

Julius, why is it you only come to events I miss?? Was it something I said?
:D

OP
tr6nitjulius

tr6nitjulius

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
FWIW, the original inspiration for the club New Year's Day drive was 1/1/2000, more commonly known as Y2K. There was a huge amount of concern at the time that many computer programs did not correctly handle Y2K (since the year was frequently stored as only two digits, meaning Y2K went back to year 00), and much wild talk of civilization collapsing because none of the computers would work (including cars, cash registers, power grid, ATM machines and so on). So the original concept was "Y2K Don't Bug Me", to prove that our cars run without computers. On that run, we deliberately went up into the mountains to visit the snow. About 25F where we stopped for lunch, and perhaps 4" of snow in the parking lot. Rather memorable to me, since then (as now), I had no heater, no side curtains, and no top. My daughter (who was 12 at the time) remembers it too!

Julius, why is it you only come to events I miss?? Was it something I said?
:D

Randall
Remember Y2K tour well as I was the host/rallyemaster we drove 8am-noon over/under/alongside but never on the fwy in the Inland Empire from the desert of Riverside (860' elevation) to mountains of Oak Glen (4734' el) looking at the video 23 TRs show'd/rode weather was extremely cold for So Cal 'round 50 (snivel/whine) your TR3@the time was a red primer your daughter was nothing shy of a trooper as she had a perma-grin the entire day. Other than high tech electronic ignition/stereo still enjoy the simplicity of owning one of the most practical sports cars ever built.

Been TR clubin' since 1983 therefore long in the tooth with events attended & we've crossed paths at several here in Cali as well as the NW but as you stated hit & miss of late, must be how the cards are stacked cause besides your wealth of technical information I know when you show there's another, what I consider, driver & you're there to carry on the passion of Driving your green TR3 with black stripe & 6 trim rings regardless of the weather
Triumphully
Julius