• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

turned one of these into one of these

mezy

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
I replaced my old draughty mahogany front door with a nice new UPVC one.
I hate to waste wood so i made this out of the old door
front door.jpg

94908948_903479783423307_3136625714464292864_n.jpg
es335-6.jpg

es335-10.jpg

100623837_923743701396915_5324601777260068864_n.jpg

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Sweet! What did you use for the fret board inlay?

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Beautiful craftsmanship!

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Your car should be very afraid as you might remove it’s Fender and make a guitar ;)

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Your car should be very afraid as you might remove it’s Fender and make a guitar ;)
I see what you did there. If you use a Fender to make a guitar is it already a Fender or do you make a Fender from a fender or.... so confused

Great guitar! (how does it sound - My father had a friend who insisted that the wood was incidental to the sound so he made a guitar out of arborite. It had a sharp sound but better than your would think.

OP
mezy

mezy

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
I see what you did there. If you use a Fender to make a guitar is it already a Fender or do you make a Fender from a fender or.... so confused

Great guitar! (how does it sound - My father had a friend who insisted that the wood was incidental to the sound so he made a guitar out of arborite. It had a sharp sound but better than your would think.
Hi JP, the wood is very important to a guitars sound. The harder the more sustain it will have, semi hollow body gives it a mellow jazzy sound. I will try and find a short video.

70herald

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
The front and back panels are shaped. Did you carve that by hand? is it steam formed? Was this based on a plan did you design it? That inlay work is fantastic.

Gilderman8 wanted a Fender so here is the Fender 5E3 Princeton amp clone I built with my oldest son - No cars were hurt. It started out life as a shelf, a bit of scrap aluminum, a few tubes and misc. Nice early 1950s sound. Would probably match very nicely with Mezy's guitar.
1669704221607.png

Point to point wiring... no cheating with a printed circuit board!
1669704318873.png

OP
mezy

mezy

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
The front and back panels are shaped. Did you carve that by hand? is it steam formed? Was this based on a plan did you design it? That inlay work is fantastic.

Gilderman8 wanted a Fender so here is the Fender 5E3 Princeton amp clone I built with my oldest son - No cars were hurt. It started out life as a shelf, a bit of scrap aluminum, a few tubes and misc. Nice early 1950s sound. Would probably match very nicely with Mezy's guitar.
View attachment 83667

Point to point wiring... no cheating with a printed circuit board!
View attachment 83668
I love hand made stuff, so much more detail and care goes into them, The amp is a work of art in itself,

The guitar body was all hand carved, base on the outline of a gibson ES335, probably the sexyist guitar ever made. But i gave the body more of a violin shape front and back. A little more bowel like.

100819709_923743678063584_2519938173912481792_n.jpg

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Hi JP, the wood is very important to a guitars sound. The harder the more sustain it will have, semi hollow body gives it a mellow jazzy sound. I will try and find a short video.
I do know that. Not too many musical bones in this body but my brother is a musician. He has a lovely 60s? Gibson as well as one of these.

Coming back though to yours, it is absolutely amazing (as is the amp)

:cheers:

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
I love hand made stuff, so much more detail and care goes into them, The amp is a work of art in itself,

The guitar body was all hand carved, base on the outline of a gibson ES335, probably the sexyist guitar ever made. But i gave the body more of a violin shape front and back. A little more bowel like.

View attachment 83669
amazing! But I hope the typo is a typo (bowel like?) :ROFLMAO:

OP
mezy

mezy

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
amazing! But I hope the typo is a typo (bowel like?) :ROFLMAO:
Suffer from fat fingers, added to the fact I can't type that well, hit the go button before I've checked it, then get shouted on the radio to go and fix something.
Us engineers have answers for everything 😉

YakkoWarner

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Absolutely beautiful guitar and amp (yes I know from 2 different postings but they just seem to be crying for a really long 1/4 inch cord to connect them together). The important question is...will they go to 11????

70herald

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
The important question is...will they go to 11????
Of course it will go to 11. I actually made (a few sets ) decals for it and labeled the volume up to 11 but didn't like the way the numbers looked on the faceplate so I polished the numbers off. Proper silk transfer was a bit out of my skill set. Only 2 knobs - volume and tone. Anyone who can finger a few chords on a 6 string can deal with 2 unlabeled knobs.