Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
Well, there are only so many real Triumph owners that are registered.
And then there are those who WANT to be Triumph owners, which are probably a larger group than the real owners.
And then there are those who own other British marques, that really admire Triumph owners and secretly register as Triumph owners, so your guess is as good as mine...........
Paul;
I did own a Spitfire for about 10 years.
Would still have it, if not for "divorce", (sorry, very bad word), and might try to find another.
Also had an AH Sprite (59) as my first LBC.
Now trying to decide which I should hunt down, and use to test my patience. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wall.gif
It appears I am now the proud owner of a 1965ish, TR4ish
tranny. I will gladly give it you as a starting part
for your next Puerto Rico Triumph project. It will certainly
test your patience running down the rest of the parts to
complete the car. I know this guy...................
Next time, I'll install the throw out bearing and YOU
can hold the tranny up in the air while I do it. But
you can still have "the car falls on mechanic" role.
When my older cousin returned from Nam in the early 70's, he bought a Spitfire that he took to Wisconsin and lived there for several years with it before returning to PA. He ended up selling it in 1977 and regretted doing so very much ever since.
His wife knew this and managed to track the car down to it's second owner, who never put many miles on it after buying it from them. As a surprise, she bought it back for him last summer. He is now in the process of getting it somewhat restored to drive for next summer before getting into the serious stuff.
I hadn't seen him for years until last weekend and he couldn't believe that we were both back into Triumphs again.
Small world, isn't it? Hey, that would make a catchy tune for a song!!
I'm the PROUD owner of a completely restored 1979 Spit.AND proud to say its ALLLLL paid for.TRIUMPHS RULE!(< notice the UPPERCASE!-)Cheers Ken & WHITELIGHTNING.
I have a pile of parts that hopefully will someday be a TR2. Does that count?
It's the third TR I've owned. I had a pair of TR4As. I definatly favor Triumphs, but I'd not turn down a good deal on ANY make of LBC.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.