• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Triumph In Heat

Magcheck

Freshman Member
Country flag
Hi folks. I am the original owner of a Emerald Green 1972 TR6. Original paint and refurbished OEM interior. No mods other than Monza pipes. I bought my TR6 in Indianapolis after discharge from the US Army in 1972. It was the only car my wife and I owned while I worked and I went back to college in Indiana that decade. Moved to Arizona in 1977 and the car has been on Arizona roads ever since. I soon discovered that the TR6 isn't very fond of 110 degree heat in the summer but the Six, my wife and I have survived here these many years. Now my TR6, like myself, is retired and only driven on cooler fall and winter days. I've had a factory hard top in storage for about 15 years and am planning to reinstall it this fall when the weather cools down here a little. Like many British car owners I've either repaired or replaced about every component on the TR6 at one point or another. I'm looking forward to now seeing what others have done to meet the challenges of British car ownership.

Basil

Administrator
Boss
Welcome to the BCF! You will find we have a very active Triumph forum here!

PS: When I saw your thread title .. I thought of Bob Barker who famously would end the Price is Right show with "Bob Barker reminding you... have your pets spayed or neutered." :geek:

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Welcome! You could also add A/C to it.
Keep us posted.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Love my 6 and love Tucson. Have spent a couple of years doing the Fort Lowell Shootout.
You have great roads in AZ to really drive your Triumph like it was meant to be. The only “mods” on my ‘73 TR6 is Pertronix ignition and a 5-speed Toyota gear box which has been a wonderful upgrade.
Welcome to the British Car Forum.

OP
M

Magcheck

Freshman Member
Country flag
Thank you and yes, I agree about the roads here but this is monsoon season in Arizona and pot holes crop up everywhere during these summer months.
I've got a lot of miles on my transmission so I've been giving some serious thought to a Toyota gear box. Good to hear you like your. I'm feeling inspired.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Thank you and yes, I agree about the roads here but this is monsoon season in Arizona and pot holes crop up everywhere during these summer months.
I've got a lot of miles on my transmission so I've been giving some serious thought to a Toyota gear box. Good to hear you like your. I'm feeling inspired.
I went with the HVDA kit. Herman Vandenacker (hope I spelled that correctly) developed the kit and since his passing is now sold by Moss Motors.