• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Trafficators

bighealeysource

Luke Skywalker
Bronze
Country flag
Merry Christmas everyone! Got a quick question on the infamous trafficator for my 1956 BN2. Like all BN1's and BN2's, I do not have the adjustable steering column, but can you fit a trafficator meant for an adjustable column as I managed to really mess mine up yesterday trying to improve the contact plate for the horn. Can't believe I have managed to ruin a working unit and not practicing the best advice known to man - "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!" A few used units for adjustable column Healeys out there for sale, but afraid I am going to find out not for BN2's.
Merry Christmas again,
Mike

BobHaskell

Jedi Warrior
Silver
Country flag
Mike, they are generally repairable. Suggest that you contact Curt Arndt, Carlsbad CA.

Editor_Reid

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
Curt is a good source for all things trafficator (I sold him a BN1/BN2 trafficator a few months ago and it maybe refurbed and retail ready by now), and Kent Lambert may have even more trafficator spares than Curt (I've seen them, and it's got to be the largest cache of NOS trafficator parts, or at least one of the very largest, anywhere).

OP
bighealeysource

bighealeysource

Luke Skywalker
Bronze
Country flag
Hey y'all,
Thanks for the good info. Do you have contact info for Kent as believe I have Curt's but maybe his also just in case ? I'll reach out to them.
Do you know if the adjustable unit will work with a BN2 ,thinking no but trying to confirm.
Merry Christmas,
Mike

OP
bighealeysource

bighealeysource

Luke Skywalker
Bronze
Country flag
Thanks Reid - got Kent's info from the club directory so will reach out to him and Curt about the trafficator.

OP
bighealeysource

bighealeysource

Luke Skywalker
Bronze
Country flag
Update - spoke to Curt and sent the trafficator out to him to be rebuilt. Now will just put it back together and never touch it again !!!

OP
bighealeysource

bighealeysource

Luke Skywalker
Bronze
Country flag
Curt redid my Trafiicator and just got it installed yesterday ! Looks beautiful and will hook up wiring in a few days. And as I said earlier,
not gonna touch it again !!!!