Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
The photos make it look a little milky. In person it's slightly darker. The color is a close match to the canvas top and the buckskin emblems. I'm happy with the results, so now it's on to the seats, e brake boot, shifter boot, and door panels.
I took a spare black dash from a coupe and washed it down with dish soap and purple cleaner. Dried it in the sun. Sprayed with a couple of cans of Krylon Fusion plastic paint. Something I have always thought about doing. Years ago I had a car that suffered a dash fire on the PO. I couldn't get a grey dash at the time, so I sprayed a black one grey with vinyl dye. It came out looking like a factory dash. To this day, it still looks fresh, unlike the factory ones that have all faded. How do you like the five lug 16X8 Enkei RPF1 wheels?
Wow, Todd!
What a difference! It looks fab; you did a great job! Tom-you thinkin' what I'm thinkin'?
The Enkei wheels are niiiice. I was recently at a local car show and saw them in a dark-chrome looking finish. Yours look fantastic with your color scheme. :thumbsup: What's next, Todd? --Monica
My wife will sew up the new shifter boot, e brake boot, etc out of a tan vinyl that matches the dash. I have to install the footwell vents and make up some covers. I have nice original ones in black, so I'll mix and match till it looks right. Next big expense will be the leather for the seats and door panels. Over the Winter I will dive into building the twin turbo 4 liter motor. Have almost all of the pieces for it squirreled away.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.