Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
I have no idea on that one but I did scan in the pages from the manual on the power steering. Only issue is it is too big to post here so if yevery one who would like to see it, please give me an email address I will zap it over to you
Actually not to hijack, but I was wondering if it was possible to adapt either the saginaw, or better yet, the type 2 pumps summitt sell to the tr8 rack.
nfc to be honest.
they are for sale right now though.
which has to count for something.
you ever try getting a tr8 pump that doesn't leak off the shelf?
extra bonus points if you get the hoses...
One of the hoses leaks.
The pump also leaks.
I've been too busy (and lazy) to fix it, so I just keep filling it up.
I can't bring myself to climb under there and try to get it out in this heat...
So how easy is it to fit someones else's pump. I'm looking at this one if I want to stay powered. Cool Pump
Still thinking about the 7 's rack offered to me.
I had a leaky power steering pump, the hoses were fine but the actual rack just went and leaked everywhere. have I told anyone how much I like the very simple manual steering I installed?
You know I have had entire summers of driving with no problems, how ever this is not the year. Driving to work I noticed the amps looking low. This seemed funny because I had just installed one of Woody's new fans. Pulled into Advanced Auto at lunch pulled the Alternator and had it tested and it was putting out less that 1/4 what it should. of course the had the replacement GM there but we had to swap around the single pulley for a double pulley which proved somewhat tricky. But by the end of my lunch hour we had it swapped out.
One of the big Benefits of having a more rare car is even on a Thursday at noon I had more people than could fit under the hood of my car trying to help and a few courious bystanders and even a few people snapping pics. For a few minutes I felt I had a really rare car.
I was looking for your car today in the parking lot. I was in my 6 visiting the maintenance dept...just before noon.
Will be driving it again as Iarrapino's wasn't able to finish the job today.
Didn't have time to look for the Spit.
I usually only park my car up there on Tuesday and Thursday but I was up late swapping the pulleys on my new and old alternator and did not want to risk the maiden voyage on a trip to work. I can not beleive you have not seen the orange Spit, you could hit it with a rock from where I was parked
next time you are headed into town we will have to plan a LBC luncheon so I can gawk your 8. I was looking at thet 6 on eBay for 20,000. I love the grey metallic... I bet it would look good on my 8
Sounds good. I'll be calling Iarrapino's on Mon/Tues to see about the availability of the band clamps I need. I'll let you know when I get an appointment.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.