Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
Only things I don't like on it are the ground effects and the deck spoiler. My first choice for painting the one I had was black, but was talked out of it.
That car was listed a couple of times last fall. I'm surprised it didn't sell. Maybe too many personal touches there withe the ground effect and color change. I'd love to know how he got those wheels to fit. They look like Team Dynamics wheels from England, and are a very popular wheel with the BMW club racing crowd. Over here you can get them in 15X7 4X100 +25 offset for around $100 a wheel. Wonder if he redrilled the wheels or the hubs to make them fit. I posed that question to him last time the car was listed and got a round about answer that wasn't an answer to the question. They look nice on the car.
Way too many personal enhancements. It is no longer a "classic" nor a collectible. It fits the owners desires and he likes it so good for him.
Hot rod / street rod cars aside, to expect a collector / classic price for a heavily modified British car is not realistic. Especially one with such a heavy hand on the body styling.
It seems the best way to hold value on a British car is to keep them very close to stock and operating safely on the road. They are built to be driven after all.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:]It seems the best way to hold value on a British car is to keep them very close to stock and operating safely on the road.[/QUOTE]
I agree to a point, but I've been know to take liberties with the "very close to stock" part of that comment.
I like the spoiler, I think it adds a nice feature to the rear of the car. However, I agree that the ground effects have to go. It looks like the rear would be dragging on the road.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.