Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
I'm putting a 2.84 CWP in the rear axle of my FHC. I will be using the stock 13" wheels. Any ideas of which gear to use in the tranny so the speedo is fairly accurate? I don't seem to find a listing for that ratio.
my mechanic is also replacing the bearings, etc; Although the rear end had less than 35K on it I felt that it would be a good idea. I'll have the old CWP available for someone who wants the stock TR7 ratio from an '81 TR7.
The lowest gears you could get in a wedge was the 3.08 that came in all TR8's. The 2.84 must be out of something a little more exotic here stateside. I think you will find that gearing very sluggish, but at least you will get great gas mileage on long trips. You might find that a Jag five speed that was only available in England might have had that gearing. Other than that I don't have any ideas what to do in order to get a gear with that few teeth.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.