• Hey Guest!
    British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!

    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)

Wedge tr7 clutch bell housing bolt?

johnrip

Jedi Hopeful
Offline
I have an empty hole in my bell housing. It is in the extension on the opposite side of the slave cylinder. I do not see this bolt in rimmer bros or victoria catalogs. Is this just a hole, or is thier a special bolt. The extension is oppsoite the slave cylinder, it is the cutout area for the arm to operate the clutch throwout. Could this be a drain hole? Anyone have any ideas? Thanks
 
A picture would help. I know TR7s in and out when I worked at The Wedge Shop and my own TR7s. Yes there are a ton of holes. Is it a 5-speed bellhousing or 4-speed?
 
Sounds to me like you are talking about the inspection/drain hole in the boss for the clutch slave. It is about 4 or 5 inches away from the mounting face of the bell housing, and points straight down at the ground. You can shine a light up in there and see the white clip that holds the push rod into the clutch release arm. If the clip fails, you are forced to either remove the tranny or enlarge the hole enough to install a new clip. Hack, but I've seen it on a couple of bell housings before. If the hole you describe is actually on the mounting face, perhaps it is just a hole for a locating dowel.
 
Todd on another note I have a picture of how to set up the bell housing on a TR8 to swap out the transmission.......I will send it to you later.
 
It seems that you have described the hole, except it points straight out, not pointed towards the ground. It looks like it is threaded. It is part of the five speed bell housing. I suppose it could be an "access" hole for the slave connection?
 
Back
Top