Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
Can the original Kangol Reflex seatbelts be rebuilt? Mine are strung fully out behind the seats. There was some company on eBay selling 4 piece drop-ins for $40, ISTR, can't find them now. Is anyone familiar with those?
I am assuming that you are talking about your TR6, as the 3 did not have retractable seat belts. Not sure if the Kangols can be rebuilt though this has been discussed on the BCF before. Perhaps you can do a search and get some result. I do know that aftermarket retractable belts work well and fit in the same bolt holes. All the major vendors carry them. On my previous TR6 I went with the large competition lap belt. This worked well and looked quite good. Of course you will no longer have the shoulder belt to keep your face out of the steering wheel.
Most people don't realize that nylon seat/shoulder belts that are the original in our cars are about as effective as no belts at all. Nylon breaks down and a 35-year-old seat belt will snap like a cotton rope in the event of an accident.
Hmmmmm. I'll have to check that out. I though that I replaced them exactly as the ones that I took out, but maybe I didn't. Come to think of it, the originals were no models of smoothness either. Thanks for the tip!
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.