Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
Anyone know the NAPA part # for a 1971 TR6 pinion seal? Also I read somewhere here on how to change it. Can't seem to come up with it now. How involved is the installation?
A quick search found a reference to NAPA 15207 on british-cars.net but that was from 2003.
RockAuto lists 3 (Timken, National and SKF) but the Timken and National part numbers are the same and are the ones listed in the thread above. Also the SKF part number is the same as the NAPA part number.
Donnie:
The NAPA pinion seal is still #15207 and it's made by SKF. It was treated with some green goop around the sealing edge and I also used some black Permatex as a backup. It fit nice and has not leaked a drop. I took my diff out to do all three seals and the side axle bearings so I can't comment on a "quick way" to do it. I also drilled and tapped the diff for a magnetic drain plug while I had it out.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.