Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
Can you give us some more info Eric. Did you change anything recently? Does it run well but not idle well, or are both power under way and at idle off?
Do you have a shop manual? Can you determine that your timing is properly set?
Have you checked for vaccuum leaks? Are your valve clearances good?
Are the dashpots topped with oil? Is either carb diaphragm holed? Have you pulled spark plugs? Are they burning a light tan?
Have you ever seen the engine run smoothly?
The only thing I've done to the engine is shave the head. I guess I might have the idling set to low.
The car wasn't starting but got that figured out with a different starter.
I've driven the car when it has ran properly.
I probably don't have the timing set correctly but it is probably close.
The car runs fine it just doesn't idle very well. It doesn't stay constant.
Haven't checked for vaccuum leaks or the valve clearance.
The dashpots should be pull of oil because I just put oil in them. I know one of the diaphrams is good but not sure on the other one. Haven't pulled the plugs but I could do that.
Hopefully that helps. The answers are kinda scattered but should have answered all the questions. Thanks once again. Eric
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.