Hello Everyone,
I need some advice/information on my heater system. I am thinking of removing the heater box this summer since I have to work on my cooling sytem anyway. So, 1)How much heat do these heaters put out when they are working properly? Presently I can barely feel any heat coming out of my heater vents. 2)The heater motor has a high pitched sqeal when operating; it seems to work most of the time. Is it a simple job to just oil the shaft and clean the brushes, or is it just better to buy a new motor? Who carries the best motor if I need a new one? 3)If I take apart and paint the heater box, does it need any kind of seal kit, and if so, who carries one? Any other suggestions?
Kevin
I need some advice/information on my heater system. I am thinking of removing the heater box this summer since I have to work on my cooling sytem anyway. So, 1)How much heat do these heaters put out when they are working properly? Presently I can barely feel any heat coming out of my heater vents. 2)The heater motor has a high pitched sqeal when operating; it seems to work most of the time. Is it a simple job to just oil the shaft and clean the brushes, or is it just better to buy a new motor? Who carries the best motor if I need a new one? 3)If I take apart and paint the heater box, does it need any kind of seal kit, and if so, who carries one? Any other suggestions?
Kevin
Hey Guest!