Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
Two of my head studs are 1/4" longer than the other 12. Disassembly of the engine was a long time ago. Can anyone tell me which holes the long two go in (Or which holes the 12 short ones go in, and I can figure out the rest)
I think the two longer studs go on the right hand side at the front of the engine. They were used when installing the AC compressor bracket. If you don't have the optional AC it doesn't matter where they go. If I recall correctly the ARP studs are all the same length.
BTW are you reinstalling used studs?
Correct, they go in the front right positions; I know that because I agonized about whether they were fully threaded into the block when I reinstalled the head.
BTW, I've reused my head studs with no ill effect.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.