Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
My guess would be dial caliper, tho it's impossible to tell if it's dial or vernier (or digital) from that photo. But I switched because I was starting to have trouble reading the verniers, and Nelson's eyes are older than mine.
Note that there is a wide range of prices for dial calipers (or verniers for that matter). I get the cheap ones from https://www.use-enco.com/ , so I can have several of them lying around and hopefully handy when I need one. Their website seems to be down at the moment, but they usually have them on sale for about $15 (for 6" cheap Chinese).
But you really don't need a caliper to measure float height, an ordinary ruler will work plenty well enough.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.