Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
sorry... what i'm asking about is the gap between the housing and pump? also when I tighten the pulley to where it lines up with the crank pulley, its so tight it won't turn freely.
Offhand that looks about right. I've put on a pump that was a little tight before - as long as you can move it with your hands I'd think you'll be fine, it might loosen up more with a little run-in.
Tightening that nut should not affect how easily the pump turns. But I have heard reports of aftermarket pumps that had enough casting flash left on the nose to interfere with the pulley; so I would be inclined to pull it back off and see what the problem is. Some quick work with a grinder may be all that is needed.
Gap looks reasonable to me, but more importantly the shaft is supposed to be located by snap rings. You can't change the gap without disassembling and modifying the pump.
there is a snap ring.so I won't worry about the gap, but I guess its time to grind... bummer. thanx guys. oh yah btw. I put in a GM altenator this weekend:}
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.