Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
I seem to remember this question coming up once before. I don't think TR4A's had them at least neither of my 1966 TR4A's had them and I don't see it listed in the SPC for the TR4A.
It'd be a worthwhile addition for a car that is driven hard. Don't know where one could be had for a TR4A. I've noticed that if I am at speed (70ish) and quickly accelerate or lift off the accelerator I'll get a very slight wiggle. Of course it could be the entire 45-year-old frame and body flexing.
If you are racing or driving hard on the street, they take the twisting load off of the motor and trans mounts. Might make for more vibrations to the body though. I made them for all of race and auto-x cars, but for the normally driven street car, not really necessary IMO.
The engine restrictor bracket (torque reaction arm) was introduced on the TR4 in March 1962 starting with CT3055 and was to be retrofitted by the dealers to earlier cars. It was designed to prevent damage to the underside of the power bulge by carburetors contacting the hood under engine reaction movement. Triumph was obviously aware of the problem and stated that it was to be used until increased hood clearance was introduced as a permanent solution. This solution happened at CT6430 with the long-bubble hood. So in theory, only the short-bubble hood TR4s should have this arm.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.