Finally found the source of the miss in my TR4A that I rescued from an 18 yr. hibernation.
Checked everything that I knew to check from working on a variety of old cars for 40+ yrs.
Finally switched out the new Lucas HP coil that I had installed to replaced the rusted original one; car runs fine and hasn't missed a beat since.
Hope someone can benefit from my experience; should have checked the resistance on the Lucas coil before I installed it !
But, I now have an intimate knowledge of my ZS carbs; once again proof that most carb problems can be traced to the ignition system.
Checked everything that I knew to check from working on a variety of old cars for 40+ yrs.
Finally switched out the new Lucas HP coil that I had installed to replaced the rusted original one; car runs fine and hasn't missed a beat since.
Hope someone can benefit from my experience; should have checked the resistance on the Lucas coil before I installed it !
But, I now have an intimate knowledge of my ZS carbs; once again proof that most carb problems can be traced to the ignition system.
Hey Guest!