Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
My replacement from VB is plastic. Red was painted first with gray over everything. The red is fading after two years in the shade. If you find a better one let us know.
Sails replacement is the same as the original. Plastic, with red and, (i think) silver paint on the back side. The originals were prone to fading too, but I think they tended to last a bit longer than 2 years.
Moss wants $50 for the Medallion. Does that sound like their's is also plastic? I suppose if its hard to make, with a plastic overlay of a hand painted globe, it's possible. I'll call to find out either way.
The "globe" is just molded into the back-side of the clear plastic then painted for the 3-d effect. I guess I could see it going for $50. I imagine it costed a bit to tool up a production run, and I'm sure there are royalties to pay for the use of an official company logo.
The hub cap medallions had red and blue enamel, with the lines being chrome. But the bonnet badge was just the red and gray /silver.
Somewhere in my mess, I have one that came off of a 65 (I think) that is plastic. Don't have a clue if it is original or not or if it is fadded. If I can find it and you want it, PM me with address and it's yours.
The one I have came from TRF about 20 years ago. Even though the car is garaged most of the time, the globe has been well faded for a long time. It is plastic as well.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.