Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
On a TR4 fitted with a wood dash, does the chrome bezel for the turn signal idicator light fit <u>in </u>the wooden dash or behind it like the air vents grills?
I'm afraid I'll mislead you here, and Geo is like an encyclopedia, but I had my wooden dash on my 4A made by Randy Keller in Santa Ana. He's excellent. However, the chrome bezels definitely mounted from the front with his work. I was instructed to use a small round grinding stone to enlarge the hole in the steel backing piece so I could get the plastic housing right up against the back of the wood dash. Then, the bezel screwed in from the front.
Keller had told me that when he makes the wooden dashes, he prefers the bezels to be mounted that way. On a TR4, I'm assuming it must work differently due to the original steel dash, and Geo would know best.
Below is the picture of my dash and you can see the chrome bezel mounted from the front. Keller wants his that way, and among the reasons is to "show off" the chrome.
Thanks! I would agree that it definately looks better. I got my dash from TRF and when I tried to put the bezels on the outside I was dumbfounded that nothing really fit. I guess that I have a little mod. work to do to get them to look nice on the outside.
That's a beautiful piece of wood on that dash. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Do you know if that's a veneer over a core?? Not that it really matters, as veneering is a great way to use great wood. I ask because the grain pattern is perfect through the glove box area. That would be very difficult to do with a solid piece.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.