Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
No, definitely not a bolt in. There are several kits on the market for the swap - all involve either bolt-in brackets or direct welding to the frame to set up. For swapping in and do it yourself, I think the TR7 rack is the more common rack used.
Are we sure that the TR4 rack isn't too wide? I think that the wider track on a 4 will put the inner ball joint pivots out of alignment with the A arm pivots and cause steering problems on a 3.
Our Triumph club stuffed a TR4 rack in a TR3. I have driven the car and everything feels real good. I don't know what mods were made as I wasn't there when it was done. I'm pretty sure they didn't do anything to the rack itself, but don't know how they mounted it. Probably something similar to what the kits supply. I can call Tony at Ratco to find out more info, as the job was done at his shop.
Just checked with a guy with several older TR4's, He seemes to think that the earliest of TR4's were compatible, Moss shows a break at CT20063. Does that sound right to anyone?
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.