Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
My license plate lights (in the rear over riders) need to be wired. Can any one show or explain to me how the factory ran the wires? Where to ground? How or where they are supposed to come into the trunk area?
That portion of the harness never enters the trunk, it 'appears' from up in the wing. You will need to find this view under your TR to get the orientation (both photos are of the passenger side). Goodness knows how the harness runs forward from here:
The sheathed wires then slip thru the bottom of the over-rider (close fit here be sure not to pinch) and up inside where you get to wiggle the rubber boot into place. You will note a clip that holds the wires on the bumper support:
Does it enter the trunk behind the panel at the back of the trunk (i.e. is it hidden from view)? I did not remove the panel to see what's back there and it's been a few years since I have had a look in there.
Yikes, I missed that route when I took the photos. It does go via the boot, thru that hole you show, then down inside the wing emerging as shown in my first photo, etc.
Do worry I saw it! Does anyone know if I can buy that type of black plastic sleeves at a local auto part store. I know my local store has something a little different.
I just use electrical shrink tube of the size I need. If it needs tightened I use a heat gun on mid heat range.
/bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cheers.gif
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.