Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
I'm thinking of converting my TR4A IRS rear suspension to coil overs, is there any advise from experiance out their?
and what are you thoughts on this conversion?
We did a modified kit, using ideas from Revington and Ratco both. You can read about it in that thread. There is also some info on the same site about Bilstein shocks. Right now I have some Gabriels in there, just cheap shocks, but they fit and ride okay for cruising around. They extend too far though, so I can't go airborne.
We put reinforcement on both sides of the the aluminum trailing arm. One issue with that is it does raise the ride height the amount of the reinforcement plate (in this case 1/4")
I did not, the attachment points for my old lever shocks would be that natural spot for that to hook up, but they were wallered out too much. Not sure what I am gonna do there......nothing for now, i guess
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.