Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
Maybe someone will chime in, but there is a product out there that seals both the inside and outside of the tank. I would suggest if you restore the tank, you check that out. Doing the outside but having rust on the inside is only postponing the trouble. But then the concrete adhesive you mention may be the stuff I'm talking about. What I have seen coats the whole tank though.
I dropped mine off at Don Hart's Rad & gas tank repair-
located in Waller, Tx.(800-372-9107). Cleaned interior & exterior.
Coated both in & out. Check to see if there is a dealer near you
called "Gas Tank Renu, Inc." Cost about $400.
Harry
I dropped mine off at Don Hart's Rad & gas tank repair-
located in Waller, Tx.(800-372-9107). Cleaned interior & exterior.
Coated both in & out. Check to see if there is a dealer near you
called "Gas Tank Renu, Inc." Cost about $400.
Harry
You can get new ones on e-bay for a lot less money...That's where I got mine for the TR3. I don't think those vendors are the same guy that I got mine from. He makes tanks for a lot of British cars and has a good reputation. I don't think this is an area to chintz on. I had a serviceable tank in my TR3, but it was almost fifty years old, and had rust inside and out. I didn't want to put good money after bad. Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet in the interest of safety. Just my opinion...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.