Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
The bolt that holds the handbrake on is seized. Makes it challenging to take tub on and off. Anything I should know other than apply penetrating oil or heat?
I think the large bolt is caged, so take you time. You do not need something else to fix. Yes I would oil it up and try and rock the bolt loose, a little one day and little the next. I usually try a sharp smack on a good fitting 6 point wrench helps
Doh.... There is in fact a nut on the back side of the frame. Came right off. I had assumed it was bolted into a welded on nut, and hadn't looked. It is things like this that keep me from making fun or light of anyone else's posts...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.