Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
We are taking apart several wiper motors for
our TR3A's and wonder if anyone here has a link
that will be of help to us in this project?
Motor help...and wiper system help...appreciated!
Thank you in advance for any leads on the Forum.
Gil
Moss Motors has several parts available for the wiper motors. Surprisingly, when I took mine apart, it just needed a general cleaning up. I put in new brushes, trued up the armature commutator in a lathe and replaced the wire from inside the motor going to the park mechanism. I also installed new mounting rubbers. There's some controversy on the correct finish for the field housing assembly, but most say that the gray hammered finish is correct. I've seen that paint available at Home Depot. Of course, I painted mine black crackle because I like it better.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.