ekamm
Jedi Warrior
Offline
I've been planning my winter projects for some time now and one of the items is to get my speedo working. When I got the car in July '09 the speedo cable was not attached to the tail housing and in the place where it would attach was a blanking plug of sorts.
At that time I asked everyone what the deal was and got some different responses. Someone offered me the speedometer drive piece that is missing. At that time I didn't pursue it as I wasn't in the position or knowledgeable enough to feel confident to tackle it. I now am ready to take it on and wonder if anyone has an extra drive from an old tranny that they could part with? I still won't know about the drive gear that I assume is on the transmission. I've looked at the parts breakout but can't identify the gear that drives the speedo drive gear.(if that makes sense)
At that time I asked everyone what the deal was and got some different responses. Someone offered me the speedometer drive piece that is missing. At that time I didn't pursue it as I wasn't in the position or knowledgeable enough to feel confident to tackle it. I now am ready to take it on and wonder if anyone has an extra drive from an old tranny that they could part with? I still won't know about the drive gear that I assume is on the transmission. I've looked at the parts breakout but can't identify the gear that drives the speedo drive gear.(if that makes sense)
Hey Guest!