Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
I can't find this gasket in the parts book. Is this something the previous owner made up to help correct an outer rear axle seal leak? They were found between the hub and the inside of the brake drums.
Could be something that was put there to keep the drum from rusting to the hub. I'm not sure exactly how the rear hubs are put together on the TR3 to know what goes where.
Is it possible that is to set the end float/spacing of the axles? I know that on mine when I dissasembled there were some spacers/shims in there...If I recall correctly, it orients the axles correctly with the pinion in the diff.
Definitely not a normal part of the assembly. No telling what the DPO thought it would do, but it won't help with a seal leak. Maybe if there was oil weeping between the hub & shaft (which tended to be a problem with the earlier axles, not so much with the "Girling" ones).
The shims for setting end float go between the brake backing plate and the axle; have 6 holes rather than 4.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.