Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
Good question, Randall. I guess I should have asked that first.
It has <span style="font-weight: bold">R2TB4</span> 006237 stamped in the case but that hasn't come up in any files so far (including Mickey's link above). Pictures attached.
Tom
PS, the model numbers don't quite match, yours is TB4 while mine is BT4. I'm at a loss to explain the discrepancy. But it sure looks like the same radio, and I cannot find any reference to a R2TB4.
I'm no expert but it would appear that there were at least two "factory" radio options. One was the Smiths Radiomobile and the other Standard Triumph's own, which was made for them by Motorola. The latter has the TRIUMPH logo and the former a RADIOMOBILE logo. The speaker box/ radio mounts seem to be slightly different also.
The Radiomobile was also used on Jags, Astons, Bentley's and the like so probably have a bit more "cool" to them.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.