Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
Does anyone know where I can find and purchase two split type headlamp rims for a 58TR3A? All that seems to be available in the catalogs is the snap-on type.
I ran into this same problem with my restoration. I couldn't find any of the split type rims. I went with whole new assemblies, but the snap-on rims they (Moss) supplied with the assemblies didn't fit correctly and look funny.
I'm considering getting my originals re-chromed. Maybe someone else has had better luck them me at finding the correct rims.
Edit: I just went on Moss' site, and it looks like the earlier rim is now available.
I went to the Moss site but didn't find the split rim. Only the snap on kind and the screw for the rim. Can you give me the part number that you found?
After much searching, I found two NOS 1958 TR3 split-style headlamp rims at Rogers Motors. They were expensive, but I purchased them. Apparently I bought the last ones because Rogers is now sold out of them.
I currently have a good pair on my car (could be rechromed). I am giving these to a friend of mine who is building a car in his shop, and I will install the NOS ones.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.