• Hey Guest!
    British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!

    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)

TR2/3/3A TR3 hardtop bracket question???

mallard

Luke Skywalker
Offline
Does anybody know how this bracket was finished? Was it body color, plaited, or what? Would love to see a picture of it in use. Thanks
 

Attachments

  • 18761.jpg
    18761.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 212
They can't be seen at all in use; covered by the cockpit capping & a chrome escutcheon around the hole. Mine appear to have been painted black, but that may have changed on later cars where they became standard equipment.
 
Thanks Randall I forgot about the chrome escutcheon that covers the bracket. They were not on my car when I purchased it, but I do have them. I also think you are correct with thinking they were painted black. Mine have primer, black, and incorrect blue paint on them. Thanks again.
 
Back
Top