Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
I'm putting in the fuzzy door seals on my TR3, and I need to know how and where they terminate. Anybody have pics of both the front and rear of the door when it's opened so I can see how far up they go and how the exposed ends are handled??
No photos in hand, but the ends are handled like this:
You're supposed to cut the inner rubber hose to length and leave the fuzzy outer part a little longer (+ or - 1"), then push the fuzzy part into the center of the hose.
You're supposed to cut the inner rubber hose to length and leave the fuzzy outer part a little longer (+ or - 1"), then push the fuzzy part into the center of the hose.
I agree about the fuzzy part, but on my 3, it wasn't pushed in to the hose, but folded at a 90 degree angle, and tucked under the vinyl-covered panel. I'm talking about the door handle side, of course... Sorry, I don't have a picture. I'd also leave a touch more than an inch. I also seem to remember tacking in the furflex on the door/panel side. This is on a pre-60K car. Hope that's not too confusing!
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.