Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
What sort of paint would one use to refurb tr3 dzus style side curtain brackets? I assume that they were originally cadmium. What color silver might best replicate it? Was the finish flat or some type of gloss?
I have seen a variety of colors ranging from black to chromed. I had my chrome shop nickel plate them and do no polishing for a look that approximated cad.
Short of plating, powder coating would likely hold up better that rattle-can paint as it would be nigh impossible to get the curtains on w/o scratching the paint.
The finish on those brackets is called hammer tone or hammered finish. The basis for that was the TRA judging manual. I just took a quick look in it to see if I could find the exact passage but of course I couldn't. Any how they were used on TR3A TS28826 through TR3B. I bought the paint at the local auto parts supply house.
My original untouched ones are beat up and worn, but the remaining paint on them doesn't seem very close to that. My car definitely falls in those numbers. I do kinda like that finish and don't really care about originality that much.
Moss sells a really nice "Satin Silver" paint that just may fit your needs. When your done spraying the fasteners; You could use it on your wheels; Wire or Disc.
Its not cheap but I`ve used it on several cars & comes out looking "Great"!
I did look at my can of wheel paint and thought that that would work as well as anything. As far as scratches I'll accept that as I don't have the equipment or funds to do it.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.