Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
You guys obviously haven't seen mine - I have a healthy overspray of yellow on them. But since the car body came from the factory as gray, I'm pretty sure the yellow isn't original!
On my 56, originally they were not painted at all! No paint to be found on them anywhere! Now they are epoxy primed and painted epoxy semi gloss black. {No one is going to see them anyway!}
On a related note, any suggestions on how to close up the defroster hole on a car without the optional heater?
Years ago, I owned a TR3A that actually had not had the heater installed by the factory (a California car apparently ) but I don't recall what was in the holes for the defroster vents. Since the heater borders on useless anyway and the defrosters are even worse; I've elected to delete the whole shebang from the project TR3. Since the heater from the "now wrecked" 3A has also been on a shelf in my garage for over two decades, I'm confident I won't miss it.
But, I've had problems in the past with rain and/or dew getting in through the defroster vent and having an adverse effect on the stereo mounted where the glovebox should be. My inclination is to just slap a patch over the hole, but I thought I'd ask for alternate suggestions.
using the vents as a template, just fabricate 2 blanking plates from alum. flashing. glue some weather stripping to the surface which will be facing the outlet and attach to the original mounting studs.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.