Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
After 2 months and spending a small fortune I got my chrome parts back today. 80 pieces total and I don't have to return anything. I look forward to the day when I can start to put these parts on the car.
Banjo the hinges are not in the lot of parts, they will be painted as original. The TR3 does have a lot of parts that are chrome. The hardtop adds even more parts to the list. I had the bumpers and overriders done a couple years ago. I know some of the parts can be purchased new but I wanted to retain all the original markings. I'm sure I will have one more small order of parts latter. As for those that are counting this lot of parts came to $1850.00 (OUCH) without the bumpers.
I knew the hinges were not originally chrome. I just took another look at the pic. what I mistook for the hinges are actually the brackets for the side curtain legs.
my monitor didn't show them well.
That extra touch of having all the chrome re-done is gonna make your TR really stand out.
I looked and looked but had a hard time figuring out what some of those parts were. Thanks for the explanation. I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for the finished product.
Like Ben, I'm considering polishing the hinges. It seems a shame to hide them with paint.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.