Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
Hi all can somebody tell me of a supplier for those little ball shaped studs that go on the bell crank on a tr3 and perhaps the linkage rods for the gas and choke as well. Thanks in advance
Steve
I think both Moss & Roadster Factory sell the linkages - I thought the ball stud was part of the linkage and not sold separately, but I may be wrong on that.
The studs only come as part of the linkage.
Many years ago I found some at a local heavy truck supplier, but they also came as a set. We had a 58 White school bus that used a lot of those things, as the motor was behind the rear axle but the driver sat up front.
I would also like to find two of the round ball joints. All of my fitings have been replated with clear zinc. Jeff at Paltech only had two new ones left and I purchased those. Jeff did mention that the ones in SS sold on ebay are very nice, but they are a bit large. Please let the forum know if you find them.
I still carry around the specially bent screwdriver, which for years served to pop the spring loaded cup back onto my mere remnant of a sphere. That was an age of innocence when I could not even imagine the possibility of acquiring a new replacement for such an exotic part.
Years ago DORMAN used to carry them, as aome American iron used them on their carb linkage. Try to find a well stocked parts house to see if they can research a Dorman catalog. Also check carburetor rebuilders, especially at small engine repair shops, i.e. lawnmowers, etc.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.