Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
As well as I can remember from the 60's when I had a couple of new Triumphs the pedal/shaft were not painted. I believe they were possibly zinc coated.
What a question! I guess I always assumed they were painted then worn to bare metal (since it would probably be extra work to leave just the pedal surface unpainted). But I have to say I have no idea.
I actually like the sliding foot. So much so that back when I also had Fiats I would peel the rubber cover off of the accelerator pedal and use the bare metal.
I actually like the sliding foot. So much so that back when I also had Fiats I would peel the rubber cover off of the accelerator pedal and use the bare metal.
The people who raced and rallied TRs back in the 50s and 60s wore moccasins made of soft kid leather. That was to give them the feeling they wanted on the gas pedal. They never used any non-slip or sandpaper strips.
I wear Adidas tennis shoes, wear Piloti driving shoes when autocrossing. After my foot slid in between the pedals during a race, I put non-skid on the the top half of throttle pedal. It was a dangerous situation in this instance.
Still won FTD but not for that run.
I don't think that they made non-skid tape back in the 50s or racing shoes, for that matter.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.