• Hey Guest!
    British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!

    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)

TR2/3/3A TR3 83mm Cyl Liners bored out to 87mm?

I do not know about all that Karl, but once I asked a machine shop to a bore out a set of 83 to 87 and they felt for the cost of a new set of 87 I would be better off to purchase a new set of 87. I guess holding them in place was problematic and the set up time would be pricey. In addition, the quality would not be as good.
 
I'm dubious about the process as well, but I know Joe Alexander (ARE) has developed the tooling for it and claims the result works.
 
Back
Top