• Hey Guest!
    British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!

    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)

TR2/3/3A TR3 / 4 SU H6 K&N Filter Q

mrv8q

Luke Skywalker
Offline
So for the past couple of years, I've been running the K&N 56-1400 "tuna can" air filters on my SU carbs, but since I also use Joe Alexander's heat shield, the front air filter rubs on the inner fender.

After poking around on the K&N site, I found the K&N 56-9327, which is a beveled filter, and to my mind's eye, would work better:
56-9327.jpg


Is anyone using these "wedge" filters, and can reassure me on the correct K&N number? I took a couple shots a few years ago of what I think are the right filters:

IMG_0417.jpg


IMG_0418.jpg
 
Just checked their site myself. Looks like that number is for the H6 SUs with the 1 3/4" bore.
 
I emailed their tech department. I'll report back what they say.....
 
Back
Top