Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
I am contempleting changing over from the original Armstrong lever dampers to telescopic shock absorbers. I notice there are a few choices. I would appreciate recommendations and your driving experience. Also, is this a DYI project?
The bolt on type are very easy to install. They just mount in the existing holes for the lever shocks. No drilling.
My experience is a stiffer ride that I got used to very quickly. Also, they've nearly eliminated the bottoming out I experience with the Goodparts springs.
Check out Blind Moose, they offer one of the better conversion kits around and although they usually only fill bulk orders I'm pretty sure he has some available now. I converted last spring and never looked back.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.