Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
Hi,
I found a Rear Transmission Counterweight(looks like hanging weight with a clamp above it) in my parts box that may have been originally installed on my TR4 that was not put back on. Is this necessary or useful to re-attach?
Or was this only on TR3s?
Thanks
If the rubber insert is in good shape, it might be worth installing. It was supposed to reduce gearshift vibration at certain speeds; and AFAIK only used on some TR4s. TR3s have a shorter lever and hence less trouble with it vibrating.
That's a good use for the darn things. I keep putting mine back on the car but I really wonder why I do it. I hope to never be back into my car in that area agin but if I am it will come off.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.