• Hey Guest!
    British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!

    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)

TR2/3/3A TR-3A - spare tire

midnight

Senior Member
Offline
I know i have seen this before - can't find it - Any suggestions on the best place to get a 5.50 x 15, for spare tire - midnight
 
I picked up a "compact spare" tire from a junkyard for about $15 including the wheel. Turned out the wheel didn't fit, so I had the tire mounted on an original TR3 wheel. Works great; only problem is the extra room in the spare tire well (which I fill with a rolled up cheap blanket)

DSCF0133.jpg


Only had to use it once, but that time I drove nearly 2 hours at around 70 mph with no problems.
 
If you have a post 60k body, you should be able to fit a 165x15 in there. I had no trouble fitting that size in my car.
 
Back
Top