Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
OK-I have gotten carried away. I chromed the hood spring. I believe the spring rod should have a rubber bumper. Does anyone know of a source or has anyone found something at a hardware store they recommend?
I bought some neoprene washers from either a Lowes or Home Depot to use as a vibration isolater between the spring and mounting bracket. I also enlarged the hole in the bracket that the rod passes through so that I could insert a plastic collar for the rod to slide in.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.