Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
The door strap at the front of the door attaches to the body pillar with what? Bolt, rivet???? Again I thought I sorted parts wella nd took notes but missed this one. Neither TRF or Moss shows this part. Thanks for your help!
VB shows a screw with washer and nut on bottom. Fooled me, I thought I remembered a rivet pin with a washer and cotter pin through it from previous cars. Mine has a screw on one side and bolt on the other. When I get to that point I'll go with screws for both sides. 1" x 1/4"
I concur. The "Standard Triumph TR3 Spare Parts Catalog" on page 88 lists the door check strap assembly. The attachment to the "A" post is a hex head screw (pointed end) 1/4" UNF x 1/2" (part number HU0705/P) and a corresponding hex nut and spring washer.
John,
I thought I remembered seeing that set up on a prior car! I've had 3's,4's and a 6, plus MG's so wasn't sure which it was. And as I recall it was a fairly tight fit and had to tapped on to push it out. Glad to know it wasn't a dream.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.