Hi guys need some help.
I set the valves and after some cranking I notice some of the clearences are WAY OFF as in 1/4".
Others will have varied but not as badly.
When I bought the car I found 7 new tappets in a bag not 8.
Engine will barely start but not run. Am I missing some tappets? I suppose I need to take the head off to see what is what. Manual does not cover this area...conveniently british LOL
I assume the push rods sit in the tappets in a oil bath?
The tappets presumably sit in pockets over the cam. Does the cam have to come out to get to the tappets?
Thanks,
Dorien
I set the valves and after some cranking I notice some of the clearences are WAY OFF as in 1/4".
Others will have varied but not as badly.
When I bought the car I found 7 new tappets in a bag not 8.
Engine will barely start but not run. Am I missing some tappets? I suppose I need to take the head off to see what is what. Manual does not cover this area...conveniently british LOL
I assume the push rods sit in the tappets in a oil bath?
The tappets presumably sit in pockets over the cam. Does the cam have to come out to get to the tappets?
Thanks,
Dorien
Hey Guest!
