Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
The TR-3 emblem on the apron is available in blue or red. How do you determine which is proper for a particular car. I have TS 60851L. Was there a cut off from red to blue? Thanks Tom
I forget the commision number of the cut-off from red to blue, but I have read that it was when B-L took over as blue and white are their colors. So whenever that occurred.
But by your commision number, the badges were blue and white.
Yes, there were some with a Black 'rocker' across the bottom (mine is one, TS47905L built 4/15/59) though I have never seen a definitive explanation of when or why.
And, of course, I think these dates would indicate the change had nothing to do with BL.
I am relativly new to this but have been enjoying my TR3A for over a year now. I was fortunate to find a whole binder full of Triumph service bulletins from 1958 through the early 60s. Included in one of those bulletins dated February 16, 1959, bulletin # 174 is the following statement.
"We have been advised that the following specification changes are being introduced on the Triumph TR-3.
Medallions on the Apron Panel to be changed from Red and Black to Blue and White."
There is no mention of a commission number cut over date.
I have a whole host of these bulletins that cover the TR-2, 3 and early 4 series. Also covered is what is called the Sedan and Estate Wagon. I am working on an index to cross reference these bulletins by bulleting #, date and topic as there is no such index in the binder and it causes one to read through them all to find what info you need. There is a lot of info in these bulletins that includes cut over of different items, warranty repairs and general guidelines on how to go about some repairs that are covered and thse that are not. Once I am done, I plan on finding a place to scan and post these for the TR community at large. You will hear more from me in the future.
Ray
Thanks for the tip but I notice that the service bulletins I have are right in between those shown on the site. In fact, I see only one duplicate. I can help complete this set so I contacted the site owner to see what is possible to supplement the site.
I've been collecting the service bulletins for many months and have gathered over 500 ones additional to the web site mentioned above. I am preparing these for publication to a web site, but oddly enough I have a large gap in the years mentioned by Ray. There is a vast amount of useful information in these bulletins and I want to make them available to ALL Triumph owners. I do not want to horde these! I would be extremely interested in seeing what other bulletins are out there.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.