Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
That is an old episode from two season ago, last July, but it is one of my favorites. I really liked how Jeremy almost fell completely in love with it on his first drive down the road. The car really looked the part and would have been at home in the rally if they hadn't showed up late and Clarkson wasn't driving.
Jeremy is never shown getting out of the car. That would have been funny. At 5'9" it's hard enough for me to get out with any dignity.
As you guys know the grinding is typical when you go for third and the sloppy shifter mechanism allows you to run into first. My boy and I were both rolling when that happened.
When he lost the clutch I was surprised that he was not better schooled in the technique of matching revs and using the synchros for shifting up and down 2, 3 & 4. Not fun, but it can be done. Maybe he did and it was just better drama to not mentioning it. That show is very scripted.
My BE still gets called a Midget. Nowadays I just smile and correct. In my youth it drove me crazy. I'm getting easy.
I can type "spridget" without feeling queasy now too.
It's a stepped program. I've still got a ways to go.
Great episode. Good show. I loved it until I saw the episodes where they came over to the states and pretty much pi#$ed on our culture. I did not see the humor in it. Now I'd just as soon kick their #$@. I can laugh at myself and my cousins in the south but they went too far. Same as if we would go down to Buckingham palace and start shouting obscene things about the queen. It was in bad taste.
What, you only hang out with 60 year old guys? The only comments I get these days are "wow, what kind of car is that?" Nobody's ever heard of a midget, much less a sprite.
I'm crazy enough I try to catch every episode they air! Never get tired of their humour. PS don't take the "trashing of the US so personally...they trash EVERYTHING!!! :wink:
Apparently, the "History" channel is looking at picking up the "Top Gear: America". NBC did made a pilot last year, but it went nowhere. However the prospects of the series on the History channel looks good.
I sure hope so, everything I like to Tivo on Speed Channel on Time Warner has now gone to the HD Speed Channels and I'm still in traditional TV Format. Just like the antiques we drive.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.